Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Natural Hair Product Review...

I always get asked, "What products do you use in your hair?" So this morning after trying a new product I decided that it would be best to write a blog and give my fellow "naturalist" some insight on it. On a daily basis I use  Raw Shea Butter, Oils (Coconut, Olive, Vitamin E), and WATER!!! I have found out that this is what works for me! When I want to have a slick back hair do I use, Eco Styler's Olive Oil Gel. This gel has no parabens or alcohols in it. I love it! When I was my hair I use Suave's Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. I love this product and it's cheap! And I use Cantu's Shea Butter Leave-In Repair Cream after my washes.

Cantu Shea Butter's Leave-In Repair Cream is related to the product I want to review. I have used this from the first day I did my big chop (when you cut out all the chemicals and become chemical free). I love using this immediately after I wash my hair. When I wash my hair I detangle it and want to make sure that I giving it all the moisture and therapy it needs. This product is light and not heavy on your hair. I wouldn't say it defines my curls but it give them great moisture.

To my dismay on having something to define my curls, Cantu has answered my prayers! As I was walking around Wal-Mart last night I realized that I need to get something for my hair. Hair products can be expensive so I was kind of dreading the purchase. I went to my normal section and there it was, Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream. I was over joyed! It's a new product and I  have loved Cantu products from the past so I told myself why not, let's try it.

This morning after a fresh co-wash, (those who don't know what that is, it's when you wash your hair strictly with Conditioner and no Shampoo! This keeps your hair moisturized because Shampoo can strip moisture from your hair if used all the time). Okay, so after my co-wash I dry my hair fairly dry with a towel and place a small amount of the Cantu Curling Cream in my hair by sections, first the front, then the middle and then the back. Immediately I began to see my curls intensify. I was amazed, however the true test would be how the curls hold throughout the day. Well it's 7 in the evening and my curls are still defined and very moisturized! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT!!! I give it 4 1/2 stars simply because Cantu should have came out with this sooner!

Here is a link to Cantu Products Website. Now keep in mind, I haven't tried all their products and not saying buy everything they sell. I can only give you thumbs up on their Natural Products! They do sell products that I will not use (hint: relaxers). Hope you enjoy this review and I will try to post something about my hair journey and products as least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment