Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eating Peanut Butter...

So I decided to make the boys something quick to eat. We are getting some yucky weather here and I have to be back at the boys school in a few minutes. So what could be better than a good old peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My sons love these and eat them faithfully.


As I finished making their sandwich, I noticed that I had some peanut butter on my hand so I kindly licked it off. As the taste soothes down my throat into my tummy, I had a flashback. I remember when we were kids my mother would take a spoon and dip a nice chunk of peanut butter on it for us and we would be in heaven.

So as this huge jar of Peter Pan stares at me I do just that, dive in for some enjoyment. Moments later I realize that I not only eat one spoonful, but two and was so tempted to eat another. But I knew that two was enough, but I am sure I will be treating myself to a spoonful the next time I make my sons their favorite quick snack!

I can definitely see why my sons craze this goodness everyday! It was really refreshing and brought back some good memories. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to step back and join in with your kids and see what it is like to be a kid again. You can actually feel their joy! This is definitely something that has left an impression on my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment